The end of the year is fast approaching so it’s time to take a look back. This year has had it’s lows and it’s highs. It has been the hardest year of my life so far (saying goodbye to the love of my life) and the greatest year of my life (getting my dream job, visiting Asia for the first time, getting my dream home and making some great friends at my new job).
Last year I wrote a goals list so let’s have a look at how well I did with that!
1. Take a Spanish class/start learning a decent amount of Spanish
– Started Spanish class in October. Whilst I didn’t really get into it I’m glad I took the plunge and gave it a shot.
2. Visit a new country in Europe
– Visited Italy and Ireland for the first time!
3. Travel to a new continent
– My first time in Asia this year
4. Get my driving license (and if I’m too busy to do this there needs to be a good reason!)
– This one I didn’t manage.. The good reason is I was preoccupied with a breakup and getting my new job and moving to Leeds took a lot of my time also.
5. Begin a new career in the travel industry.
– I guess I don’t need this one anymore 🙂
6. Apply for the graduate schemes I want to do.
– Applied and got on one, started it in October.
7. Begin making student debt repayments (boring I know but a weight off the shoulders)
– These started as soon as my wage increased in October! On top of these in 2015 I’ll finally be in a position to start paying off my overdraft.
8. Save enough money for a house deposit (might start renting again if I’m doing well but otherwise some hefty savings will be a good idea)
– Whilst I didn’t get a housing deposit together I did finally get my own place. I have a cute little cottage just for me and I love it to bits!
9. Visit a new part of the United Kingdom
– Last week I went to Newcastle which I’ve never explored properly. Early this year I also visited my grans new house which is in a part of the UK I’ve never been before- only I can’t remember the name of it.
10. Go on a family holiday (with immediate or in-laws)
– Whilst I no longer have ‘in-laws’ I am going on holiday next week with my dad so I guess I’ve achieved this one too 🙂
I didn’t do too bad now did I!
This year was a good one for travelling. I started this year with a Valentines trip to Ireland. Then come June I visited Rome, August I headed to Thailand via Amsterdam and coming back via Paris.. And finally to end the year I’ll be visiting Malta.
Next year is all about repaying my debts but I do have a few things I want to achieve so soon I will publish my goals list for 2015 🙂